Windows 2000 Service Pack 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

My friend is trying to download sp4 from an express install file that i
downloaded for him and copied to CD, after he has recently had to completely
re install win 2k on his machine. He doesn't have internet access and the
file says that it cant install due to lack of net support. Is there any way i
can download an sp4 file that doesnt require an internet connection to be
used on his machine?
Thanks in advance.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1001aaf1-749f-49f4-8010-297bd6ca33a0&displaylang=en

should do the trick

hth

"NR" <NR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My friend is trying to download sp4 from an express install file that i
> downloaded for him and copied to CD, after he has recently had to
> completely
> re install win 2k on his machine. He doesn't have internet access and the
> file says that it cant install due to lack of net support. Is there any
> way i
> can download an sp4 file that doesnt require an internet connection to be
> used on his machine?
> Thanks in advance.

Service Pack 4 is 128MB or thereabouts. You need to download and burn the Network installation version not the Express version.

--
George Hester