Command prompt does not show the profile path when opened

Hi Group

I have run into a weird problem on one of my win 2k professional box when i
open a command prompt it opens up at the C:\ prompt but on other machines it
opens up the users profile any idea what is happening here and how can i set
the issue right...

Thanks for your Help

Santosh.R

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:33:02 +0530, "Santosh" <Santosh.Ramchandra@wipro.com> wrote:

>Hi Group
>
>I have run into a weird problem on one of my win 2k professional box when i
>open a command prompt it opens up at the C:\ prompt but on other machines it
>opens up the users profile any idea what is happening here and how can i set
>the issue right...
>
>Thanks for your Help
>
>Santosh.R

Possibilities:
1. CMD AutoRun - tip 2373 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
2. A shortcut.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Hi Jerold

Well when i try to search for the tip on the site it comes up with a
page cannot be found page can you please help me out with this Error message

Thanks for all your help
Santosh.R