OS2 Warp client on Windows 2000 network

Jordan

I have a voicemail system that is nothing more than a 486 computer running
OS2 Warp. It was installed and never updated since 1996. Can anyone tell
me if it is possible for me to get an OS2 computer to be visible on my
Windows 2000 network?

All I am looking to do is occasionally plug in the network cable on the
voice mail system and backup the hard drive. The drive does nothing more
than store a bunch of wave files in a database file so I just have to share
the C: drive and do a simple backup.

If you can see the server from Warp can't you upload the files from the
OS/2 end?

Jordan wrote:

> I have a voicemail system that is nothing more than a 486 computer running
> OS2 Warp. It was installed and never updated since 1996. Can anyone tell
> me if it is possible for me to get an OS2 computer to be visible on my
> Windows 2000 network?
>
> All I am looking to do is occasionally plug in the network cable on the
> voice mail system and backup the hard drive. The drive does nothing more
> than store a bunch of wave files in a database file so I just have to share
> the C: drive and do a simple backup.

Jordan

Thanks for the post Bob, but that doesn't seem to make sense. If I can see
it, I can't copy files????

I know that "If I can get it to work", it will work but what I don't know is
will this work in the first place. Can an OS2 client access Windows 2000
resouces?

> If you can see the server from Warp can't you upload the files from the
> OS/2 end?
>
> Jordan wrote:
>
>> I have a voicemail system that is nothing more than a 486 computer
>> running OS2 Warp. It was installed and never updated since 1996. Can
>> anyone tell me if it is possible for me to get an OS2 computer to be
>> visible on my Windows 2000 network?
>>
>> All I am looking to do is occasionally plug in the network cable on the
>> voice mail system and backup the hard drive. The drive does nothing more
>> than store a bunch of wave files in a database file so I just have to
>> share the C: drive and do a simple backup.

I haven't had a working OS/2 system and an NT box on the same system.
OS/2 and Win95 yes. Long time ago. Try some of the hits below for
networking OS/2

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=os%2F2+warp+networking