Outdoor webcam (wireless ethernet) required- is there such..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b F Wireless
February 15, 2005 7:51:14 PM

Hi,

Is there such a camera with wireless Ethernet connection and software
built in if possible (either FTP or even better streaming to the
server)?
240V is fine and hotspots are all over the place but we can't mount a
Cat5 cable onto the roof anymore.
The camera should deal with 45°C in full sun (lowest temperature ever is
14°C).

I would appreciate any information.

Cheers
Gerhard

--

Looking for a dream wedding?
http://www.palmcoveweddings.com/

Gerhard Beulke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there such a camera with wireless Ethernet connection and software
> built in if possible (either FTP or even better streaming to the
> server)?
> 240V is fine and hotspots are all over the place but we can't mount a
> Cat5 cable onto the roof anymore.
> The camera should deal with 45°C in full sun (lowest temperature ever is
> 14°C).
>
> I would appreciate any information.
>
> Cheers
> Gerhard

try this one:
D-Link DCS-1000W Wireless Internet Camera
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 21, 2005 9:48:49 PM

In article <4215dd26@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, relique_50@yahoo.com.au says...
> D-Link DCS-1000W Wireless Internet Camera

Thanks Kim but I don't think a FTP server is built in?
a b F Wireless
February 21, 2005 9:48:50 PM

Gerhard Beulke wrote:

> In article <4215dd26@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, relique_50@yahoo.com.au says...
>> D-Link DCS-1000W Wireless Internet Camera
>
> Thanks Kim but I don't think a FTP server is built in?

Try the 2000+ or 3220G. Should do everything the 1000W does and have FTP
support, at least according to the spec sheet.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

"Gerhard Beulke" <palmcove@email.com> wrote in message
> In article <4215dd26@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, relique_50@yahoo.com.au says...
> > D-Link DCS-1000W Wireless Internet Camera
>
> Thanks Kim but I don't think a FTP server is built in?

DCS 1000 has a HTTP server built in.
Also has an internal FTP upload client with internal programming to auto
login & upload to any ftp server with various scheduling methods. <a
href="http://support.dlink.com/emulators/dcs1000/"
title="dcs1000configs">internal configs here</a>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 22, 2005 8:45:38 PM

check out pearl.de