Internet Settings

I have settings for Internet Explorer that can't be set using eith local or
domain group policy such as removing the address bar. Can I copy the
settings for one user and apply to every user who logs onto the computer or
several users.

George

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

Geroge:

The settings are registry settings, so you could use Group Policy to
implement them, but you must make an ADM file to use it with the policy.

Marcelo

"George Schneider" <GeorgeSchneider@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en
el mensaje news:01E3C5E9-E7A9-454D-B22D-2474D2DC5FE1@microsoft.com...
> I have settings for Internet Explorer that can't be set using eith local
or
> domain group policy such as removing the address bar. Can I copy the
> settings for one user and apply to every user who logs onto the computer
or
> several users.
>
> George

Do you know a good site that explainms how to make/use ADM files.

Thanks,
Geogre

"Marcelo" wrote:

> Geroge:
>
> The settings are registry settings, so you could use Group Policy to
> implement them, but you must make an ADM file to use it with the policy.
>
> Marcelo
>
> "George Schneider" <GeorgeSchneider@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en
> el mensaje news:01E3C5E9-E7A9-454D-B22D-2474D2DC5FE1@microsoft.com...
> > I have settings for Internet Explorer that can't be set using eith local
> or
> > domain group policy such as removing the address bar. Can I copy the
> > settings for one user and apply to every user who logs onto the computer
> or
> > several users.
> >
> > George

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

Site ? I don't know..., but seek for Mark Minasi, in his NT4, W2K and W2K3
books you could find good explanations. If you know the key path for the
registry setting it is very easy.... You could search examples in
C:\WINNT\inf

el mensaje news:209223D7-FCE8-46DE-AD64-7266A9D00FD8@microsoft.com...
> Do you know a good site that explainms how to make/use ADM files.
>
> Thanks,
> Geogre
>
> "Marcelo" wrote:
>
> > Geroge:
> >
> > The settings are registry settings, so you could use Group Policy to
> > implement them, but you must make an ADM file to use it with the policy.
> >
> > Marcelo
> >
> > "George Schneider" <GeorgeSchneider@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió
en
> > el mensaje news:01E3C5E9-E7A9-454D-B22D-2474D2DC5FE1@microsoft.com...
> > > I have settings for Internet Explorer that can't be set using eith
local
> > or
> > > domain group policy such as removing the address bar. Can I copy the
> > > settings for one user and apply to every user who logs onto the
computer
> > or
> > > several users.
> > >
> > > George

Does this work for a per user basis or machine basis.

"Marcelo" wrote:

> Site ? I don't know..., but seek for Mark Minasi, in his NT4, W2K and W2K3
> books you could find good explanations. If you know the key path for the
> registry setting it is very easy.... You could search examples in
> C:\WINNT\inf
>
> Marcelo
>

> "George Schneider" <GeorgeSchneider@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en
> el mensaje news:209223D7-FCE8-46DE-AD64-7266A9D00FD8@microsoft.com...
> > Do you know a good site that explainms how to make/use ADM files.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Geogre
> >
> > "Marcelo" wrote:
> >
> > > Geroge:
> > >
> > > The settings are registry settings, so you could use Group Policy to
> > > implement them, but you must make an ADM file to use it with the policy.
> > >
> > > Marcelo
> > >
> > > "George Schneider" <GeorgeSchneider@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió
> en
> > > el mensaje news:01E3C5E9-E7A9-454D-B22D-2474D2DC5FE1@microsoft.com...
> local
> > > or
> computer
> > > or

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

When you make a template you could make it to apply to HKLM and/or HKCU so
the template, so you could aplly this to the machine and/or to the user, but
that depends on the registry keys that you use.

el mensaje news:992D5CB4-49B2-4790-B64B-323C121F7331@microsoft.com...