Does MS Streets and Trips export routes for PDA?

March 19, 2005 5:23:42 PM

I export a nice route plan to Pocket Streets, and only the map is
exported, none of my stopping points are exported, thus, all my work is
lost. That's useless to me. If I use a pushpin for each address, it
works, but that's too much work. Any better way?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 12:59:26 AM

No. Pocket Streets doesn't support routes, only pushpins, and those only one
way. A better way is to use some other mapping/navigation program if routes
are a requirement. There are many, from DeLorme Street Atlas Handheld, ~$40,
through Mapopolis and others around $100, to some costing upwards of $200.
Most are billed as working with GPS units but they can be used effectively
without them as well.

--
Sven
MS-MVP Mobile Devices
<google.1.jvmail@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
>I export a nice route plan to Pocket Streets, and only the map is
> exported, none of my stopping points are exported, thus, all my work is
> lost. That's useless to me. If I use a pushpin for each address, it
> works, but that's too much work. Any better way?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 7:31:53 PM

MS Streets is a poor substitute for GPS routing. If you need that, turn to a
real nav app like TomTom, iGuidance, Mapopolis, or the like.

<google.1.jvmail@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> I export a nice route plan to Pocket Streets, and only the map is
> exported, none of my stopping points are exported, thus, all my work is
> lost. That's useless to me. If I use a pushpin for each address, it
> works, but that's too much work. Any better way?
>
> Thanks in advance.

March 21, 2005 4:01:35 AM

I'm a former Pocket Streets User.
I just purchased software from PocketMap.com for my GPS on my PPC.
I know you didn't say anything about GPS but this software creates great
routes as well as directions etc. all without a GPS connected to the device.
It can even create routes from your contacts in your address book.
I'm very happy with the software and would recommend it to anyone with or
without a GPS.

Doug Freeze
Get your piano tuned !
http://MasterTuner.com

=============================
<google.1.jvmail@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
>I export a nice route plan to Pocket Streets, and only the map is
> exported, none of my stopping points are exported, thus, all my work is
> lost. That's useless to me. If I use a pushpin for each address, it
> works, but that's too much work. Any better way?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:51:59 PM

Than ks to all for the great advice. Guess I have to plan on spending
more money :-/

Thanks again.

!