WINS error prompted before windows 2k server rolling to lo..

Every time when I restart my win 2000 server and before the windows screen
succesfull rolling to windows log-on screen, a WINS error message will
poping-up and the error message as follow:

"WINS could not start due to a missing or corrupt database.
Restore the database using WINS Manager (or winscl.exe found in the Windows
2000 Resource Kit) and restart WINS. If WINS still does not start, begin with
a fresh copy of the database.

To do tgis:

1) Delete all the files in the %SystemRoot%\system32\WINS directory.
NOTE: If the WINS database file (typically names wins.mdb) is not in
the above directory, check the registry for the full filepath.
NOTE: If jet*.log are not in the above directory, check the registry
for the directory path. Delete all log files.

2) Restart WINS."

Where can I get the WINS Manager or Windows 2000 Resource Kit? Please help
b'cos it keep frustrating me. Thanks.

Marcelo

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2004

The windows 2000 resource kit is in the Windows 2000 Server CD.

Marcelo

"Hau" <Hau@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> Every time when I restart my win 2000 server and before the windows
screen
> succesfull rolling to windows log-on screen, a WINS error message will
> poping-up and the error message as follow:
>
> "WINS could not start due to a missing or corrupt database.
> Restore the database using WINS Manager (or winscl.exe found in the
Windows
> 2000 Resource Kit) and restart WINS. If WINS still does not start, begin
with
> a fresh copy of the database.
>
> To do tgis:
>
> 1) Delete all the files in the %SystemRoot%\system32\WINS directory.
> NOTE: If the WINS database file (typically names wins.mdb) is not in
> the above directory, check the registry for the full filepath.
> NOTE: If jet*.log are not in the above directory, check the registry
> for the directory path. Delete all log files.
>
> 2) Restart WINS."
>
> Where can I get the WINS Manager or Windows 2000 Resource Kit? Please help
> b'cos it keep frustrating me. Thanks.

Can you guide me the instruction that how to restore back the WINS?