Upgrading from 98 to 2000 pro

I am getting a device overflow error sometimes and it won't load all the way
after the network sign in it goes to black screen. Mouse works fine. Help!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrading 2000

    "moyurosko" <moyurosko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am getting a device overflow error sometimes and it won't load all the
    way
    > after the network sign in it goes to black screen. Mouse works fine.
    Help!!!

    Don't upgrade - do a clean installation of Windows 2000.
    You end up with a far more stable and robust operating
    system.

    and yes you can do this with an Upgrade CD. Just start the Windows 2000 installation and when it asks for a qualifying product insert your Windows 98 CD. Once found put your Windows 2000 Upgrade CD back in and proceed. Then you can start with a fresh partition. Note all data will be removed so you may want to do a backup first.

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message news:#FP19lFMFHA.1476@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

    > "moyurosko" <moyurosko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am getting a device overflow error sometimes and it won't load all the
    > way
    > > after the network sign in it goes to black screen. Mouse works fine.
    > Help!!!
    >
    > Don't upgrade - do a clean installation of Windows 2000.
    > You end up with a far more stable and robust operating
    > system.

Mice Microsoft Devices Windows