  • Devices
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 24, 2005 1:23:02 AM

I am getting a device overflow error sometimes and it won't load all the way
after the network sign in it goes to black screen. Mouse works fine. Help!!!

More about : upgrading 2000 pro

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 12:08:54 AM

"moyurosko" <moyurosko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am getting a device overflow error sometimes and it won't load all the
way
> after the network sign in it goes to black screen. Mouse works fine.
Help!!!

Don't upgrade - do a clean installation of Windows 2000.
You end up with a far more stable and robust operating
system.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:45:14 PM

and yes you can do this with an Upgrade CD. Just start the Windows 2000 installation and when it asks for a qualifying product insert your Windows 98 CD. Once found put your Windows 2000 Upgrade CD back in and proceed. Then you can start with a fresh partition. Note all data will be removed so you may want to do a backup first.

--
George Hester

!