Vertical Taskbar loses Width after logout

I prefer to use a vertical Taskbar in Windows XP. However, everytime I log
out and log back in, the width changes and I have to reset it. How can I get
the width to stick when using the vertical taskbar?

In news:OjIzofn%23EHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Luther Miller <lex3001@community.nospam> typed:

>I prefer to use a vertical Taskbar in Windows XP. However,
>everytime I
> log out and log back in, the width changes and I have to reset
> it.
> How can I get the width to stick when using the vertical
> taskbar?

Have you right-clicked it and checked "Lock the taskbar"?

Please reply to the newsgroup

Yes, then the next time I log in it is no longer the correct width and I
have unlock it on order to fix it...

> In news:OjIzofn%23EHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> Luther Miller <lex3001@community.nospam> typed:
>
> >I prefer to use a vertical Taskbar in Windows XP. However,
> >everytime I
> > log out and log back in, the width changes and I have to reset
> > it.
> > How can I get the width to stick when using the vertical
> > taskbar?
>

> Have you right-clicked it and checked "Lock the taskbar"?

> Please reply to the newsgroup

I had this perplexing problem a year or so ago and at that time was running
Office XP Pro. I finally hit on the solution by closing the speech utility
in the taskbar. I have not had the problem with Office 2003.

"Luther Miller" <lex3001@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Yes, then the next time I log in it is no longer the correct width and I
> have unlock it on order to fix it...

>> In news:OjIzofn%23EHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
>> Luther Miller <lex3001@community.nospam> typed:
>>
>> >I prefer to use a vertical Taskbar in Windows XP. However,
>> >everytime I
>> > log out and log back in, the width changes and I have to reset
>> > it.
>> > How can I get the width to stick when using the vertical
>> > taskbar?
>>

>> Have you right-clicked it and checked "Lock the taskbar"?
>>
>> --
>> Please reply to the newsgroup

I have this problem on 4 machines that I use.
Two of them use Office 2000, one has Office XP & 2003. One is Office 2003
only. I'm not aware of a speech utility being in use in any of them. I do
have the language bar on all 4 machines, if that might be a cause.
Additionally, I use the Quick Launch with small icons.

> I had this perplexing problem a year or so ago and at that time was
running
> Office XP Pro. I finally hit on the solution by closing the speech
utility
> in the taskbar. I have not had the problem with Office 2003.

> "Luther Miller" <lex3001@community.nospam> wrote in message
> > Yes, then the next time I log in it is no longer the correct width and I
> > have unlock it on order to fix it...
> >
> > "Ken Blake" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> >> In news:OjIzofn%23EHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> >> Luther Miller <lex3001@community.nospam> typed:

> >> Have you right-clicked it and checked "Lock the taskbar"?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the newsgroup

DanielZicha

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I believe that the Language Bar does it.