ASUS P5B DELUXE

chosen

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
guys, i really need you help. i dont know what the problem is but i cant seem to overclock using AI Suite that came with this board. when i adjust the CPU frequency and the multiplier, it just shuts down and when i get back to windows, frequency is still the same. nothing happened. what could be the problem? i also tried adjusting settings in the BIOS. nothing happened. still using stock cooling for this though. temps are pretty high also 47-55 degress on IDLE!!! i'm not getting what the board is promising. thanks guyz..:)

MY rig:

Intel core 2 duo E6300
ASUS P5B DELUXE
Thermaltake toughpower 550W PSU
Inno 3d 7600GT
1 Gig Kingston HyperX DDR2 - 800
80 Gig Western Digital IDE hardrive

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
first thing
re-seat the heatsink.your too hot to overclock.
second after your temps are normal use bios manual settings to overclock not the asus AI suite software .after you get use to bios and leave everything manually set in bios you may get the AI suite to work but I wouldnt recommend it.

racerboywonder

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I have the same board, but haven't done any overclocking yet. However, I can tell you that the general consensus is that the AI Suite is worthless (maybe 200 MHz overclock if it works), and you're far better off doing the overclocking on your own. My suggestion is to use Wusy's overclocking guide in the CPU forums.

Your temps are pretty high for idle...right now my CPU runs less than 55 C at maximum load. Check to make sure you have adequate case flow, and that your HSF is on properly...incrorrect installation seems to be a common problem with S775 mobos. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS for the mobo. Hope it works out!

chosen

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
thanks a lot guyz...:) really appreciate it. m gona try to reinstall the HSF and not rely on AI suite too much..