password

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 24, 2005 1:08:03 PM

My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
Have valuable data on this systems . . .

Thanks

More about : password

March 24, 2005 9:13:17 PM

"Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
> Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
> Have valuable data on this systems . . .
>
> Thanks
Look here

Jud
March 24, 2005 9:13:18 PM

Thanks

March 25, 2005 11:30:27 AM

"Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
> Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
> Have valuable data on this systems . . .
>
> Thanks

Now that you've reset your password, start planning ahead:
- Back up your important files every week. If you don't
then you'll lose the lot one day.
- Create a second admin account, and lock away its
password in a safe place.
March 29, 2005 12:51:03 AM

I just can't understand anything on this website. How do I boot from a
floppy or cd and where do I get this floppy or cd from? I'm so frustrated!

"Jud" wrote:

> "Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
> > Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
> > Have valuable data on this systems . . .
> >
> > Thanks
> Look here
>
> http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
>
> Jud

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 8:00:50 PM

The usual method is to follow the on-screen instructions.
I quote verbatim from the bottom of the page:

- "How to get it"
- "Look here for more info on:"
- "Bootdisk: Instructions & image to download. Last update: 050303" (click
this link!)
- Navigate to "Download"
- Click bd050303.zip to download it to your PC.
- Unzip it
- Check its contents. You will see a file called "Install.bat".
- Double-click this file. If there is no floppy disk in the disk
drive, insert one now.
- Boot the machine with this disk.

If you have a problem with any of the above, post again!

!