password

My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
Have valuable data on this systems . . .

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about password

    "Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
    > Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
    > Have valuable data on this systems . . .
    >
    > Thanks
    Look here

    Jud

    Thanks

    Now that you've reset your password, start planning ahead:
    - Back up your important files every week. If you don't
    then you'll lose the lot one day.
    - Create a second admin account, and lock away its
    password in a safe place.

    I just can't understand anything on this website. How do I boot from a
    floppy or cd and where do I get this floppy or cd from? I'm so frustrated!

    "Jud" wrote:

    > "Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
    > > Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
    > > Have valuable data on this systems . . .
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > Look here
    >
    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    >
    > Jud

    The usual method is to follow the on-screen instructions.
    I quote verbatim from the bottom of the page:

    - "How to get it"
    - "Look here for more info on:"
    - "Bootdisk: Instructions & image to download. Last update: 050303" (click
    this link!)
    - Navigate to "Download"
    - Click bd050303.zip to download it to your PC.
    - Unzip it
    - Check its contents. You will see a file called "Install.bat".
    - Double-click this file. If there is no floppy disk in the disk
    drive, insert one now.
    - Boot the machine with this disk.

    If you have a problem with any of the above, post again!

    "Shiva" <Shiva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I just can't understand anything on this website. How do I boot from a
    > floppy or cd and where do I get this floppy or cd from? I'm so
    frustrated!

    > "Jud" wrote:
    >

    > > "Lost" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > My Windows 2000 password expired, can't remember
    > > > Administrator password, any way I can get past this ?
    > > > Have valuable data on this systems . . .
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > Look here
    > >
    > > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    > >
    > > Jud