Windows 7 Ult. 64bit Issue

drums101

Distinguished
Ok so I have window 7 ultimate on my pc. It was running great for quite a while until the other day. It updated itself and then shut off. The next time i went to go use the pc it booted up and instead of the usual windows 7 loading screen it booted with the vista loading screen. looked like this http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/363935521_fa5cbaf0ce.jpg so i was like thats odd. and then when it got into windows my resolution was at 1024x768.. i have a monitor that does 1680x1050 and thats what it was at but it changed itself. So i went into windows to try and change the res and it wouldnt let me go past 1280x720. IDK what has changed besides the update. I tried to go to a restore point before the update but no dice. I know its not videocard cuz i have a 9800gtx. I also updated my drivers to the latest ones after this happened to no avail. does anyone know of this issue or have had it themselves? if so how do I fix it? thanks let me know if u need more information.

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
rollback your graphics driver to the old (working one). Just open device manager find your display adapter and right click then choose properties. then select the driver tab and choose rollback driver.