MS Excel to PlanMaker graphics turn black problem CLARIFIC..

March 20, 2005 12:11:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.handheldpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.mac.apps,microsoft.public.mac.office.word (More info?)

Sory all for the confusion frm my last message. But here is the problem
in detail.

1. All the Spreadsheet files were originally AppleWorks 5.x files that
were transfered to Excel using MacLinik Plus on my Mac OS 9.1 Office98
machine. NOTE: The older version of Maclink Plus that I have did not
convert the graphics, just the data, so I had to manually copy and
paste each graphic from AppleWorks to Excel.

2. Then the files looked like the original files in AppleWorks

3. I then inserted my CF card into my Mac's USB CF reader

4. I then copied the files to it

4. I then inserted the CF card into my Jornada 720, and opened each
Excel file in PlanMaker (not pocket Excel) and in each file that had a
graphic, they were all turned to black.

Perhaps the original images were in PICT format. What do you say Mike
and other Mac and Excel experts?

John
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 3:32:04 PM

<johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 4. I then inserted the CF card into my Jornada 720, and opened each
> Excel file in PlanMaker (not pocket Excel) and in each file that had a
> graphic, they were all turned to black.
>
> Perhaps the original images were in PICT format. What do you say Mike
> and other Mac and Excel experts?

Yes, that's certainly the problem. PICT is a Mac-specific format, so
any graphics in that format would not display on a PC, HandheldPC or
PocketPC unless there was software on those machines capable of
translating them into a compatible format.

On the Mac, you could use JPEGView, Graphic Converter, Photoshop, etc.,
to convert the graphics to jpg, tiff or bmp format.

--
Mike Rosenberg
<http://www.macconsult.com&gt; Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida

<johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the original images were in PICT format. What do you say Mike
> and other Mac and Excel experts?

Absolutely amazing! Mr. Wolf attacks Mike at the drop of the hat,
spreads lies about him left and right, but when he needs help, who is
the first person he calls on? And Mike helps him! To me, that says all
you need to know about these two people.
--
Rivers belong where they can ramble, eagles belong where they can fly...
!