Rogue/orphan user account...cannot login with it nor delet..

The account in question doesn't show up in Computer Management (Local), Local
Users and Groups, Users. When I initially click on Users, I get an error
message "The following error occurred while attempting to read user
properties: An internal error occurred". If I create a new account with the
same name it says that is already exists. I can see this account when
accessing the snap-in through the MMC tool and can add the account to any
group. But, that's as far as I can get. There is no SID entry in the
registry for the account nor is there a profile for it either. How do I
either delete this account and recreate a new account or modify it so that it
has an associated SID and profile?

"mblake" <mblake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The account in question doesn't show up in Computer Management (Local),
Local
> Users and Groups, Users. When I initially click on Users, I get an error
> message "The following error occurred while attempting to read user
> properties: An internal error occurred". If I create a new account with
the
> same name it says that is already exists. I can see this account when
> accessing the snap-in through the MMC tool and can add the account to any
> group. But, that's as far as I can get. There is no SID entry in the
> registry for the account nor is there a profile for it either. How do I
> either delete this account and recreate a new account or modify it so that
it
> has an associated SID and profile?

Did you try deleting it from the Command Prompt?

net user mblake /del