Rogue/orphan user account...cannot login with it nor delet..

The account in question doesn't show up in Computer Management (Local), Local
Users and Groups, Users. When I initially click on Users, I get an error
message "The following error occurred while attempting to read user
properties: An internal error occurred". If I create a new account with the
same name it says that is already exists. I can see this account when
accessing the snap-in through the MMC tool and can add the account to any
group. But, that's as far as I can get. There is no SID entry in the
registry for the account nor is there a profile for it either. How do I
either delete this account and recreate a new account or modify it so that it
has an associated SID and profile?
1 answer Last reply
More about rogue orphan user account cannot login delet

    "mblake" <mblake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The account in question doesn't show up in Computer Management (Local),
    Local
    > Users and Groups, Users. When I initially click on Users, I get an error
    > message "The following error occurred while attempting to read user
    > properties: An internal error occurred". If I create a new account with
    the
    > same name it says that is already exists. I can see this account when
    > accessing the snap-in through the MMC tool and can add the account to any
    > group. But, that's as far as I can get. There is no SID entry in the
    > registry for the account nor is there a profile for it either. How do I
    > either delete this account and recreate a new account or modify it so that
    it
    > has an associated SID and profile?

    Did you try deleting it from the Command Prompt?

    net user mblake /del

Windows