NT access

I just built a Windows NT 4 /sp6a server in a test environment and I cannot
seem to be able to access the NT server from my win2000 servers. I get
access denied when I go to the NT server through my network places but my
other NT machine can access the new NT fine.

Any suggesstions.
thanks

You'll want to create an account (in Users and Passwords) on the Win2k
machines with the username and password that you use to logon to the Windows
NT machine with. Likewise you'll need to create an account (Users Manager)
on the NT machine with the username and password that you use to logon to
the Win2k machines with. Then you'll need to share out the
resource(s) with permissions for those users. Also make sure they're all
part of the same workgroup and on the same subnet. Then you'll no longer be
prompted for the IPC$ password (Inter-process communication)

In a peer level workgroup, when you try to access resources on a Windows
NT/2000/XP/2003 machine, Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 needs to authenticate the
user. If the user account doesn't exist in it's local account database, then
access will be denied.

You'll probably need to bind NetBIOS over tcp/ip to the connection on
Windows 2000 since Windows NT is involved.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]