Service Dependencies Error

buddy

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

I'm having a problem with one of my 2000 service pack 4 servers. If I
try to view the dependencies tab of any service I receive an error box
stating "WMI: Invalid namespace The 'root\cimv2' namespace is not
defined in the WMI Repository" I've tried searches on this error but
only found a few post and none were of any help. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320373

You may still be able to get this hotfix. But in lieu of that you may try to reinstall your Service Pack. But note you should return IE to its prior version before doing so and clean out all the temp files you can. Then reboot and reinstall the SP.

You might want to do a search on "WMI Repository" w/o the quotes in the knowledge base and see if you can come up with anything.

George Hester