q: change computer name

Hello,
I build windows 2003 for my one of windows 2000 Computer named XYZ. Now I
shutdown this windows 2000 and try to change my windows 2003 computer name to
XYZ, it says XYZ exits. How can I get network forget this name?
Thanks,
Jim.

JIM.H. wrote:
> Hello,
> I build windows 2003 for my one of windows 2000 Computer named XYZ. Now I
> shutdown this windows 2000 and try to change my windows 2003 computer name to
> XYZ, it says XYZ exits. How can I get network forget this name?
> Thanks,
> Jim.

Delete the computer account from the Domain Controller.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm