Remote Desktop Connection for Windows 2000 Pro

asdf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.os.windows2000,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

any way of making it work for Professional edition so that i can connect to
my win2k computer remotely.
I tried several other programs including PCAnywhere and Radmin but none of
them work as good as
Microsoft's own RDC. I know that i need at least server edition but jsut
curious if there is some workaround
to make terminal services available on pro edition.

thank you

This article may help.

;233175]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];233175

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

asdf wrote:

> any way of making it work for Professional edition so that i can connect to
> my win2k computer remotely.
> I tried several other programs including PCAnywhere and Radmin but none of
> them work as good as
> Microsoft's own RDC. I know that i need at least server edition but jsut
> curious if there is some workaround
> to make terminal services available on pro edition.
>
> thank you

Have you tried VNC?
http://www.realvnc.com/download.html

--
http://www.tditcorp.com <-- keep your computer safe and secure the easy
way!

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows2000,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:03:54 -0800, "Tom - www.tditcorp.com" <tom999@ica.net>
wrote:

>asdf wrote:
>
>> any way of making it work for Professional edition so that i can connect to
>> my win2k computer remotely.
>> I tried several other programs including PCAnywhere and Radmin but none of
>> them work as good as
>> Microsoft's own RDC. I know that i need at least server edition but jsut
>> curious if there is some workaround
>> to make terminal services available on pro edition.
>>
>> thank you
>>

>Have you tried VNC?
>http://www.realvnc.com/download.html

Or UltraVNC, which has a lot of enhancements over RealVNC.
http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

"asdf" <dfsa@sadf.com> wrote in message news:crg1e.9446$PN4.9437@fe10.lga...
> any way of making it work for Professional edition so that i can connect
> my win2k computer remotely.
> I tried several other programs including PCAnywhere and Radmin but none of
> them work as good as
> Microsoft's own RDC. I know that i need at least server edition but jsut
> curious if there is some workaround
> to make terminal services available on pro edition.
>
> thank you

Remote Desktop hosts must either run Windows Server or
Windows XP Professional. Windows 2000 cannot do it,
because it won't run the terminal server service. You'll have
to use one of the other products, or upgrade to WinXP Professional.