Very low temps

Ryan220

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
For some reason I have very low temps on my machine.

I have clocked my E6600 to 3.3gig using Easytune 5.

The cpu and dim volatgaes are stock.

CPUz confirms the overclock (3dmark scores increased after to overclock and Dark Messiah runs fine)

Temps taken using Coretemp.

Idle 31- 34
Load 45 - 47

I am a complete novice at clocking (as my using Easytune proves) but to me this is strange.

Getting 3.3 gig (9x366) on stock voltages at those temps seems a little odd.

Is this odd? or is my inexperience showing and the figures are actually normal?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
What's the room temperature? Well EasyTune is known for reading inaccurate temps. Like mine for example reads 199c! Try other softwares like Everest Home Edition and SensorsView in Majorgeeks.com and see if you're getting the right temps.

Ryan220

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
The Temps were taking using Coretemp.

Im not sure of the room temp - probably 22 'ish

The case temp is about 26'ish

I think it is commonly advised to trun off speed step and therefore not allow throttling on idle when overclocking, hence most OC idles may be a bit high.

They seem ok to me, coretemp is fairly reliable. Perhaps you got a good chip, whats the voltage when you are idling?

Ryan220

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
I think it is commonly advised to trun off speed step and therefore not allow throttling on idle when overclocking, hence most OC idles may be a bit high.

They seem ok to me, coretemp is fairly reliable. Perhaps you got a good chip, whats the voltage when you are idling?

I agree the temps are very good. I thought that a machine running at 3.30Ghz on air would idle at higher than 31 to 34

The voltage is 1.3 or 1.32 btw