How to delete weird files?

I downloaded something very big, like 2 GB. When I downloaded it, I didn't
pay too much attention to where it was saved. As it turned out, it saved
under documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temporary internet
files. I can't find further path even I chose to show all hidden files and
folders. I can't use it or delete it. Even if I tried the search, it can't
find it. But the used volume of my local drive increased by 2 GB. It is
really a waste of my local drive. Please help me to move it to a folder I
can use or help me delete it. thank you very much

P.S I tried delete all temporary internet file under option of IE. It
doesn't help.
2 answers Last reply
More about delete weird files

    "freebluebird" <freebluebird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I downloaded something very big, like 2 GB. When I downloaded it, I
    didn't
    > pay too much attention to where it was saved. As it turned out, it saved
    > under documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temporary
    internet
    > files. I can't find further path even I chose to show all hidden files
    and
    > folders. I can't use it or delete it. Even if I tried the search, it
    can't
    > find it. But the used volume of my local drive increased by 2 GB. It is
    > really a waste of my local drive. Please help me to move it to a folder I
    > can use or help me delete it. thank you very much
    >
    > P.S I tried delete all temporary internet file under option of IE. It
    > doesn't help.

    It's a little difficult for an outsider to tell you where your
    file resides if you yourself do not know its name . . . I suggest
    you use one of the tools below to determine which folders
    eat up a lot of disk space, then focus on the culprit.

    DriveUse:
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/freeware/index.html
    Bullet Proof Folder sizes: http://www.foldersizes.com/

    freebluebird <freebluebird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > I downloaded something very big, like 2 GB. When I downloaded it, I didn't
    > pay too much attention to where it was saved. As it turned out, it saved
    > under documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temporary internet
    > files. I can't find further path even I chose to show all hidden files and
    > folders. I can't use it or delete it. Even if I tried the search, it can't
    > find it. But the used volume of my local drive increased by 2 GB. It is
    > really a waste of my local drive. Please help me to move it to a folder I
    > can use or help me delete it. thank you very much

    > P.S I tried delete all temporary internet file under option of IE. It
    > doesn't help.

    When you attempted to delete all of the Temporary Internet Files, did you
    check the box labeled "Delete all offline content"? If not, that could
    explain why the file was not deleted.

    --
    Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
    Columbus, Ohio