Exporting list of groups

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have a 2000 machine in an old NT4 domain. I have a list of about 4100
global groups with various users in them.

I would like to export the list of global groups along with what users are
in each global group... something of a group database.

We would like to clean up some naming conventions before pulling things into
the new active directory. I'm just not sure how to get stuff out of the old
domains.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:23:02 -0800, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a 2000 machine in an old NT4 domain. I have a list of about 4100
>global groups with various users in them.
>
>I would like to export the list of global groups along with what users are
>in each global group... something of a group database.
>
>We would like to clean up some naming conventions before pulling things into
>the new active directory. I'm just not sure how to get stuff out of the old
>domains.

See tip 8015 and link in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

You can remove the line than contains
if /i "%line:~3,11%" EQU "Local Group" goto Group1

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com