does my 8800gts has a problem?, Flickering sounds....

mdurusoy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
I've bought a xfx 8800gts last week...everything went fine. I have 550watt psu.
so the problems are...

-Playing an mp3 on windows media player while visualizations off is ok. But when I turn on the visuals, sound start to flicker, make glitch sounds and visuals slow down...
;no problem with winamp visuals...

-nfs carbon= playing at full graphics,superb sound,no problem at gameplay, but in in-game videos-like drive safety thing at the beginning- slows down and sound make glitch noises...

-making unusual sounds when relic's company video appeared while starting company of heroes, sound issues on gameplay, and also slows down...

-no problem while watching movies....

I installed the latest drivers of 8800

my other specs:
core2duo 2.4
asus p5b motherboard
1gig ddr 400mhz ram
on board soundcard....

what's the problm here and what's the solutions...ideas please...i'm going crazy..

please come up with ideas...

mpjesse

Splendid
I read somewhere that the newest versions of drivers have video playback issues. While I haven't seen them, I have seen a noticable degregation in video quality, esp. xvid.

In any case, I believe the problem to be drivers. Since WMP looks screwed up and Winamp doesn't, that's almost proof. Winamp doesn't use DX for visuals whereas WMP does. (methinks WMP uses DirectShow?)

Try reverting back to an earlier version of ForceWare or just wait for new drivers.

Good luck.

Dredge_3d

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
i have some what the same issue with this exact board, when palying games there is strange crunching sound in games, any ideas