Can't see USB Device Anywhere!!

Guys,
I've just bought a new USB storage device, and it seems detected
properly by my desktop when inserted, but I can't see any allocated
drive name to it! In the device manager, it says that it works
perfectly. Shouldn't the OS allocate the next drive letter to it (in
my case, C and E are the hard disk, and D is the CD. Shouldn't F be
pointing to this USB device then?) Thanx.

Daniel
2 answers Last reply
More about device anywhere

    danielroy10junk@hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote in message news:<3722db.0503281536.449e03fe@posting.google.com>...
    > Guys,
    > I've just bought a new USB storage device, and it seems detected
    > properly by my desktop when inserted, but I can't see any allocated
    > drive name to it! In the device manager, it says that it works
    > perfectly. Shouldn't the OS allocate the next drive letter to it (in
    > my case, C and E are the hard disk, and D is the CD. Shouldn't F be
    > pointing to this USB device then?) Thanx.
    >
    > Daniel

    I'd just like to add that when inserted in my work laptop, the USB
    device is also detected successfully, and in that case drive E is
    allocated to it. I run Win XP Home Edition on this laptop.

    Daniel

    Assign a letter in disk management.

    F1, disk management , follow the links.

    Daniel Roy wrote:

    > danielroy10junk@hotmail.com (Daniel Roy) wrote in message news:<3722db.0503281536.449e03fe@posting.google.com>...
    >
    >>Guys,
    >> I've just bought a new USB storage device, and it seems detected
    >>properly by my desktop when inserted, but I can't see any allocated
    >>drive name to it! In the device manager, it says that it works
    >>perfectly. Shouldn't the OS allocate the next drive letter to it (in
    >>my case, C and E are the hard disk, and D is the CD. Shouldn't F be
    >>pointing to this USB device then?) Thanx.
    >>
    >>Daniel
    >

    > I'd just like to add that when inserted in my work laptop, the USB
    > device is also detected successfully, and in that case drive E is
    > allocated to it. I run Win XP Home Edition on this laptop.
    >
    > Daniel

USB Devices Windows