Backup and Restore Q

I just ran W2000 SP4 Backup. I selected all of drive C and System State. I
then Restored to a different hard disk and tried to boot from that drive. I
expected to get NTLDR is missing and the paging file missing or too small
problem needing FDISK /MBR to fix but instead got message:

W2000 could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt
<W2000 Root> \ SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE
Please re install a copy of this file.

The Backup and Restore programs had not copied NTOSKRNL.EXE even though
ticked during Backup. So I manually copied the file and rebooted. This
time I got "Load needed DLL's for kernel"

Does Backup and Restore not copy ALL of the files selected with a tick ?

dl

Winbackup is not designed to backup a system ( in order to have a bootable
backup)
If you wish to backup a sys use Ghost or TrueImage