What is the LocalSystem account in Services?

Hi All

What exactly is the LocalSystem account in services? What rights does
LocalSystem have? I am getting a messaeg "No default printer selected" when
users are browsing our Web Server. I have tried to start the "IIS Admin
Service" (and other related services) as a user (Log on As) that has User as
well as Administrator rights, but then they can't browse at all. Why is
this? I have rebooted the Win 2000 server afterwards.

Is the LocalSystem user the same as the Administrator?

Thanks
Anton

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:47:12 +0200, "Anton Feiertag" <anton@dokker.com> wrote:

>Hi All
>
>What exactly is the LocalSystem account in services? What rights does
>LocalSystem have? I am getting a messaeg "No default printer selected" when
>users are browsing our Web Server. I have tried to start the "IIS Admin
>Service" (and other related services) as a user (Log on As) that has User as
>well as Administrator rights, but then they can't browse at all. Why is
>this? I have rebooted the Win 2000 server afterwards.
>
>Is the LocalSystem user the same as the Administrator?
>

>Thanks
>Anton

LocalSystem is the built-in System account.
It has all the rights and permission of Administrator, BUT it has no network access ability.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com