Budget CCTV DVR card software ?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 7, 2005 4:05:59 AM

I recently purchased one of those generic 4 port CCTV DVR cards
bundled with the Pico 2000 software . I am looking for tips for using
this card and software tips ( Pico 2000 upgrades and patches as well
as any other very low cost or free software ) with W98 or even Linux .
- thanks
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:12:49 AM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:05:59 GMT, nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:

>I recently purchased one of those generic 4 port CCTV DVR cards
>bundled with the Pico 2000 software . I am looking for tips for using
>this card and software tips ( Pico 2000 upgrades and patches as well
>as any other very low cost or free software ) with W98 or even Linux .
>- thanks

From what I've seen, the "generic" card is a knockoff and the
software is a hacked version of somebody else's work. What you
have is probably as good as it is going to get.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 10:06:29 AM

In news:422bd42d.779763440@news.comporium.net,
Si Ballenger <shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net> the stupid moronic freak from an
alien planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:05:59 GMT, nospam4me@nospam.com wrote:
>
>> I recently purchased one of those generic 4 port CCTV DVR cards
>> bundled with the Pico 2000 software . I am looking for tips for
>> using this card and software tips ( Pico 2000 upgrades and patches
>> as well as any other very low cost or free software ) with W98 or
>> even Linux . - thanks
>
> From what I've seen, the "generic" card is a knockoff and the
> software is a hacked version of somebody else's work. What you
> have is probably as good as it is going to get.

i use one of these card and have done for the past year or so with no
problems at all

in fact ill say they are brilliant.... cost £20 and came from hong kong...

as for tips i dont have nay the software is easy to work and works
well.....only gripe i have is on my second pc the software is a little
hungry...

but on my main pc it runs sweet..... and records all the days events too

regards slayer
!