Powering male molex fans w/ male molexes from PSU

I have a Hiper 580w PSU, and an Antec 9000 case. The fans are all powered through male molex connections. How in the devil am I supposed to connect them to the PSU? I can't find any converters online for male->female molex (just short male -> female extensions and vice versa).
3 answers Last reply
More about powering male molex fans male molexes
  1. weevil said:
    I have a Hiper 580w PSU, and an Antec 9000 case. The fans are all powered through male molex connections. How in the devil am I supposed to connect them to the PSU? I can't find any converters online for male->female molex (just short male -> female extensions and vice versa).

OMG im in a similar situation. i have female connectors coming out of my PSU and a female connector on a hard drive fan i bought. i can't find a male to male connector ... dont know what else to do :/
  2. weevil - no problem and only 77 cents :)

female molex connector at each end:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10245&cs_id=1024501&p_id=1317&seq=1&format=2

TriiGGA - All you need is a fan cable adapter. How many wires does the female connector on your hard drive fan have? 2, 3, or 4?
  3. weevil, one end of the Antec fan connector is mail. The other end is female.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components