[CyberpowerPC] Does series make a difference?

Hello All,

I have a couple questions I hope someone can help me with. I have been building PC on cyberpowerPC for the last couple of days and noticed a weird thing. I have built a PC in every series they offer for the i7-920 CPU, Viper, Gamer Xtreme XT, Mega Special IV, etc etc.

On each system I change the options to the specs below. And each time I get a slightly different price. Does it matter what series I choose if I change all the options to the specs I want...or am I missing something by choosing one series over another?

Examples:
MegaSpecial IV
Price: 2063
MEGA coupon Code discount: -103.15
Shipping 0
Total: 1959.85

Viper
Price: 2046
MEGA coupon Code discount: -102.3
Shipping 109
Total 2052.7

Gamer Xtreme XT
Price : 1994
MEGA coupon Code discount: -99.7
Shipping 109
Total: 2003.3

Etc etc

My second question is can you all take a look at the specs and let me know what you think?

Case: *CoolerMaster Storm Sniper Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Original Color)

Internal USB Extension Module: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans

Noise Reduction Technology: None

Power Supply Upgrade: Corsair Power Supplies (*750 Watts CMPSU-750TX - Quad SLI Ready)

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)

Cooling Fan: Asetek LCLC 120 Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus P6TD Deluxe Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Support DDR3 LGA1366 ATX w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 2 PCI

Memory: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair Dominator)

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

Video Card 2: None

Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

LCD Monitor: *24" LCD - Asus VH242H Wide Screen TFT Active Matrix LCD Display (Black) - Fall Special

Hard Drive: Single Hard Drive (1.5TB (1.5TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Data Hard Drive: None

Optical Drive: LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2: LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Speakers: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Logitech MX518 Corded Optical Gaming Mouse

Gaming Gear: Razer Sphex Gaming Grade Desktop Skins Mouse Pad

External Wireless Network Card: Zonet ZEW2546 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Draft 2.0 USB 2.0 Wireless USB Adapter

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

IEEE1394 Card: IEEE 1394 CARD AND DRIVER

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Ultra Care Option: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit, and CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU

If I go with Mega Special Deal and it means i dont lose anything because all the specs are the same.....I may have a couple more dollars to spend, maybe a 100 or so. Is there anything i should add or change?

Some things I am not sure about because i dont know much about them are the MoBo, Case, adding thermal display, case fans, noise reduction etc.

Can a pro help me out here?
5 answers Last reply
More about cyberpowerpc series make difference
  1. You can build any of those systems yourself and save at least $600.00.

If you can insert a plug into a wall socket, use a screwdriver, and insert bread in a slot in a toaster, then you can build your own pc.
  2. 1. I'd forget the Cyberdudes and build it yourself. What the specs do not say is more important generally than what they do say.

2. I'd up the GFX to the 58xx series as the 5770 will struggle to deliver 30 fps on DX11 games.

3. I wouldn't pay someone to OC 10% when you could easily get 40 - 60% on your own.

4. the MoBo already gives you 8 USB and 1 firewire ports, why expansion modules ?
  3. Johnny and Jack thanks so much for your reply. I understand building my own would likely save me some money. What I didnt mention is, the reason I am replacing my computer it because it was lost in a house fire and the insurance is paying for a new one.

The reason why i am not building it is because I have never done it before and to be honest, i dont trust myself in building one. I will likely forget something, break something, or generally get too frustrated trying to build one. Things like, inserting the cpu in the socket and putting thermal paste, finding where all the connections go really intimidates me.

As far as OC...is it just a Bios setting to overclock or is it more involved?

Thanks for the info on the GFX that was really helpful.

I didnt realize i would get 8 usb ports without the expansion mod.

How are the mobo and case choices?
  4. Ok Guys...I went to newegg.com and added all the same components each one is exactly the same as the cyberpowerpc with the exception minor things like the speakers and things i couldnt find a model number for on the cyberpowerpc. But i added a comparable one from newegg in the same price range. basically exactly the same system including keyboard, mouse, mousepad etc etc

CyberpowerPC price including shipping: $1959.85
    Newegg price including shipping: $2,099.41

CyberpowerPC is $139.56 cheaper and i dont have to build it myself....am i missing something...not I am totally lost
  5. Again, it's the "What the specs do not say is more important generally than what they do say " part.

The MoBo for example is now at version 2 (V2) ... you're getting the old one. It doesn't say what HD you are getting .....which Dominators you are getting (CAS 9 or CAS 7 for example) .... which GFX card you are getting....

that's a 5 ms monitor while 2ms are cheaper.
Ask a new question

Read More

Products