Logictech quickcam zoom built-in microphone not working

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 8, 2005 11:18:32 PM

Hi, I just purchased a Logitech webcam so that my boyfriend and I can
talk back in forth via webcam while I'm away for training with my new
job. Anyways, I got the camera to work, but when I was checking to
make sure we both had audio, I could hear my boyfriend talk on his
camera, but he couldn't hear me. I put my camera on a different
computer and everything worked, but it didn't work when I hooked it
back up to my laptop. I know the microphone works because I am able
to record my voice, and when I go into the camera properties I see
the bar moving up and down when I talk. Why can't my boyfriend hear
me when I can hear him, and why would it work on a different
computer? All the settings are configured the same, so what am I
doing wrong? Any suggestions? I tried re-installing the driver and
that didnt work either.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:53:56 AM

On 8 Mar 2005 20:18:32 -0500,
coolcoop7@covad-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (coolcoop7) wrote:

>Hi, I just purchased a Logitech webcam so that my boyfriend and I can
>talk back in forth via webcam while I'm away for training with my new
>job. Anyways, I got the camera to work, but when I was checking to
>make sure we both had audio, I could hear my boyfriend talk on his
>camera, but he couldn't hear me. I put my camera on a different
>computer and everything worked, but it didn't work when I hooked it
>back up to my laptop. I know the microphone works because I am able
>to record my voice, and when I go into the camera properties I see
>the bar moving up and down when I talk. Why can't my boyfriend hear
>me when I can hear him, and why would it work on a different
>computer? All the settings are configured the same, so what am I
>doing wrong? Any suggestions? I tried re-installing the driver and
>that didnt work either.

Some programs like netmeting and such don't recognize he mic in a
usb cam as a sound card or device. You need to use head set for
this type of thing or you will get echo problems.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 6:12:04 PM

In news:422e4ee8$1_3@alt.athenanews.com,
coolcoop7 <coolcoop7@covad-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> the stupid moronic freak
from an alien planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
hi... what software are yu using for conferencing?

and has yr bf got the volume turned up??

obvious i know but i have to ask....

and has he ever had a conf with volume/sound?

sounds like yr end is ok to me..

regards slayer
!