Logictech quickcam zoom built-in microphone not working

Hi, I just purchased a Logitech webcam so that my boyfriend and I can
talk back in forth via webcam while I'm away for training with my new
job. Anyways, I got the camera to work, but when I was checking to
make sure we both had audio, I could hear my boyfriend talk on his
camera, but he couldn't hear me. I put my camera on a different
computer and everything worked, but it didn't work when I hooked it
back up to my laptop. I know the microphone works because I am able
to record my voice, and when I go into the camera properties I see
the bar moving up and down when I talk. Why can't my boyfriend hear
me when I can hear him, and why would it work on a different
computer? All the settings are configured the same, so what am I
doing wrong? Any suggestions? I tried re-installing the driver and
that didnt work either.
2 answers Last reply
More about logictech quickcam zoom built microphone working

    On 8 Mar 2005 20:18:32 -0500,
    coolcoop7@covad-dot-net.no-spam.invalid (coolcoop7) wrote:

    >Hi, I just purchased a Logitech webcam so that my boyfriend and I can
    >talk back in forth via webcam while I'm away for training with my new
    >job. Anyways, I got the camera to work, but when I was checking to
    >make sure we both had audio, I could hear my boyfriend talk on his
    >camera, but he couldn't hear me. I put my camera on a different
    >computer and everything worked, but it didn't work when I hooked it
    >back up to my laptop. I know the microphone works because I am able
    >to record my voice, and when I go into the camera properties I see
    >the bar moving up and down when I talk. Why can't my boyfriend hear
    >me when I can hear him, and why would it work on a different
    >computer? All the settings are configured the same, so what am I
    >doing wrong? Any suggestions? I tried re-installing the driver and
    >that didnt work either.

    Some programs like netmeting and such don't recognize he mic in a
    usb cam as a sound card or device. You need to use head set for
    this type of thing or you will get echo problems.

    In news:422e4ee8$1_3@alt.athenanews.com,
    coolcoop7 <coolcoop7@covad-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> the stupid moronic freak
    from an alien planet where his/her mother was a universal whore, wrote:
    hi... what software are yu using for conferencing?

    and has yr bf got the volume turned up??

    obvious i know but i have to ask....

    and has he ever had a conf with volume/sound?

    sounds like yr end is ok to me..

    regards slayer

Webcams Cameras Peripherals