Windows Update doesn't scan my computer

Has Microsoft restricted its Windows Update to registered users only? At first it scanned, then tried to install the
downloaded updates. Then it froze. Then it woudn't scan anymore. I rebooted twice - same result.

sdflkj fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> Has Microsoft restricted its Windows Update to registered users only?
> At first it scanned, then tried to install the downloaded updates.
> Then it froze. Then it woudn't scan anymore. I rebooted twice -
> same result.

The least you should do before trying any suggestions below is to delete
your History, Cookies and Downloaded Program Files from Internet
Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>General Tab>

Clear History & Delete Cookies... & Delete Files... & Settings...> View
Objects>select all objects then right click and select Remove

if no joy after that then look here

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Make sure you are logging in with Administrator rights. I had that happen
one time.