Start Windows Task Manager by command-line (or batch file)

Hi to all,
batch file launched by desktop shortcut (WinNT, win2000 e WinXp). Its task
is to do some elaboration if and only if some processes are inactive, that
is if the user had first stopped the application.

Is that possible inside a batch file?
I know executable's names (the same appeared into Windows Task Manager
Processes table), how could I discover if there are active processes with
that name?
And if I would to kill them?

It would be enough to start Windows Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) by
command-line/batch file but I didn't reach it!
It must be possible to do that!
Almost all executables can be launched by shell with some flag to hide their
GUI.
I just need to:
1. start Windows Task Manager inside my batch file
2. list all active processes
3. discover the wanted-processes (if there are...)
4. kill them

Note: I strongly prefer no turn to external program, it would be better to
do all that only with Windows resources, (otherwise I need to install that
program too...)

Thanks in advance, ciao
G.

P.S. Sorry if I post here, if you know a more concerning newsgroup, please
signal it to me.

--

---
Rimuovi il testo in maiuscolo (CANCELLA e QUESTO) dall'indirizzo di reply

"Giuseppe R." <giuseppe_ronchiCANCELLA@QUESTOhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
> batch file launched by desktop shortcut (WinNT, win2000 e WinXp). Its task
> is to do some elaboration if and only if some processes are inactive, that
> is if the user had first stopped the application.
>
> Is that possible inside a batch file?
> I know executable's names (the same appeared into Windows Task Manager
> Processes table), how could I discover if there are active processes with
> that name?
> And if I would to kill them?
>
> It would be enough to start Windows Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) by
> command-line/batch file but I didn't reach it!
> It must be possible to do that!
> Almost all executables can be launched by shell with some flag to hide
their
> GUI.
> I just need to:
> 1. start Windows Task Manager inside my batch file
> 2. list all active processes
> 3. discover the wanted-processes (if there are...)
> 4. kill them
>
> Note: I strongly prefer no turn to external program, it would be better to
> do all that only with Windows resources, (otherwise I need to install that
> program too...)
>
> Thanks in advance, ciao
> G.
>

> P.S. Sorry if I post here, if you know a more concerning newsgroup, please
> signal it to me.
>

> --
>
> ---
> Rimuovi il testo in maiuscolo (CANCELLA e QUESTO) dall'indirizzo di reply
> per rispondermi, grazie
> ---
> Remove capital text (CANCELLA and QUESTO) from reply address to write me,
> thanks

To launch the Task Manager: taskmgr.exe
To list all current tasks: tlist.exe or pulist.exe (Windows Resource Kit)

TechTank

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
You can use the following:

Taskkill /?

at a command prompt to work out the syntax but to kill a process you could use

TASKKILL /F /IM iTunes.exe /T

This would kill FORCEFULLY (/F) the process iTunes (/IM) and all child processes (/T) that were from it.

Hope this helped.

TechTank

courageous999

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011

[...]

very simple, open a notepad, then type "taskmgr" without the "quotations" and then save it as a .bat file! =D