Local Area Connection Icon failed

After a registry crach, how i repair with ChkReg.exe from MS, i lost all LAN
function on a Windows 2000 Prof SP2 version. I have already reinstall the
intern Network adapter. I have already try with a other PCMCIA network
adapter. I don't recive for any network adpater a Local Area Connectio icon
in the Network and Dial up configuration group. And this way I can't
configure the LAN. The Network Connection Service is started. I even try with
a USB hostlink cable, and also for that I don't recive a Local Area
connection icon.
Who cane help me with this matter.

Best regards, Vic Sergeant
1 answer Last reply
More about local area connection icon failed

    These may help.

    How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1/75.ASP

    What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

    Be sure to apply these to your repair install before connecting to any
    network.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Vic Sergeant" wrote:
    | After a registry crach, how i repair with ChkReg.exe from MS, i lost all
    LAN
    | function on a Windows 2000 Prof SP2 version. I have already reinstall the
    | intern Network adapter. I have already try with a other PCMCIA network
    | adapter. I don't recive for any network adpater a Local Area Connectio
    icon
    | in the Network and Dial up configuration group. And this way I can't
    | configure the LAN. The Network Connection Service is started. I even try
    with
    | a USB hostlink cable, and also for that I don't recive a Local Area
    | connection icon.
    | Who cane help me with this matter.
    |
    | Best regards, Vic Sergeant

Windows