Local Area Connection Icon failed

After a registry crach, how i repair with ChkReg.exe from MS, i lost all LAN
function on a Windows 2000 Prof SP2 version. I have already reinstall the
intern Network adapter. I have already try with a other PCMCIA network
adapter. I don't recive for any network adpater a Local Area Connectio icon
in the Network and Dial up configuration group. And this way I can't
configure the LAN. The Network Connection Service is started. I even try with
a USB hostlink cable, and also for that I don't recive a Local Area
connection icon.
Who cane help me with this matter.

Best regards, Vic Sergeant

These may help.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1/75.ASP

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

Be sure to apply these to your repair install before connecting to any
network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional