Exporting NT Users from W2K to W2K3

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

Hello --

I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that will
allow for this migration?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about exporting users w2k3
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:31 -0600, "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote:

    >I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
    >migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
    >username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that will
    >allow for this migration?

    ADMT, Active Directory Migration Tool. Server 2003 Resource Kit
    Tools.

    Jeff
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

    On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:31 -0600, "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote:

    >Hello --
    >
    >I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
    >migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
    >username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that will
    >allow for this migration?
    >
    >Thanks

    For Local Accounts. use AddUsers.exe from the W2K Server reskit to dump the account (and optionally group) and import them to W2K.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

    Does AddUsers.EXE dump passwords as well?

    "Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:31 -0600, "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello --
    >>
    >>I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
    >>migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
    >>username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that
    >>will
    >>allow for this migration?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    > For Local Accounts. use AddUsers.exe from the W2K Server reskit to dump
    > the account (and optionally group) and import them to W2K.
    >

    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.
    > http://www.jsiinc.com
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

    No it will not dump passwords. The password will be blank ADMT is the only
    way I know of to transfer passwords but that requires the use of
    omains. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;199878 -- addusers

    "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote in message
    > Does AddUsers.EXE dump passwords as well?
    >

    > "Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:31 -0600, "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello --
    >>>
    >>>I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
    >>>migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
    >>>username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that
    >>>will
    >>>allow for this migration?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >> For Local Accounts. use AddUsers.exe from the W2K Server reskit to dump
    >> the account (and optionally group) and import them to W2K.
    >>

    >> Jerold Schulman
    >> Windows Server MVP
    >> JSI, Inc.
    >> http://www.jsiinc.com

Windows Server Microsoft Servers Windows