Exporting NT Users from W2K to W2K3

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 30, 2005 1:11:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

Hello --

I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that will
allow for this migration?

Thanks
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 7:45:11 AM

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:31 -0600, "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote:

>I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
>migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
>username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that will
>allow for this migration?

ADMT, Active Directory Migration Tool. Server 2003 Resource Kit
Tools.

Jeff
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 2:07:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:31 -0600, "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote:

>Hello --
>
>I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
>migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
>username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that will
>allow for this migration?
>
>Thanks

For Local Accounts. use AddUsers.exe from the W2K Server reskit to dump the account (and optionally group) and import them to W2K.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
March 31, 2005 2:40:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

Does AddUsers.EXE dump passwords as well?

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:11:31 -0600, "dm4714" <spam@spam.net> wrote:
>
>>Hello --
>>
>>I have about 600 local NT user accounts on a W2K server that I need to
>>migrate to local accounts on a W2K3 server. I would like to retain
>>username/passwords, if possible. Does anyone know of any programs that
>>will
>>allow for this migration?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
> For Local Accounts. use AddUsers.exe from the W2K Server reskit to dump
> the account (and optionally group) and import them to W2K.
>

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 7:52:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.migration,microsoft.public.windows.server.security,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

No it will not dump passwords. The password will be blank ADMT is the only
way I know of to transfer passwords but that requires the use of
omains. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;199878 -- addusers

!