Cannot access files after removing computer from domain

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 30, 2005 12:49:01 PM

I have a user who is no longer with the company. Policy is in place that
redirects My Documents to the file server. On his personal laptop he had
removed the domain now he cannot access any of his files. This includes
offline files that had not been synchrnized yet.

In the profiles Account Unknown is there.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can view the files?
Thanks
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:59:27 PM

He doesn't have security access to the profile. Now that the laptop is not
part of the domain, he is logged into the system with a separate profile.

Give him NTFS permissions in the ACL for the unknown account and take
ownership of the files. He should be able to see everything then. (Either
that, or make his account an admin on the laptop).

You could also make the unknown account profile the default profile for the
laptop and give everyone who logs into it access, but I don't really
recommend doing that.