automatic login

How can I setup a specific computer to automatically log in (skip the
Cntl+Alt+Del requirements) if it is a member of a Domain?

I have a security server that has the security cameras intstalled that has
been spontaneously rebooting in the middle of the night. Until I am able to
figure out what is causing the problem, I need it to log back in so the
security cameras will record.

Thanks

On w2k pro...

In the registry goto: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

Modify the following data values for the string values:
•“AutoAdminLogon� = 1
•“DefaultDomainName� = “nameofdomain�
•“DefaultUserName� = "domainusername"

Create a new string value, select Edit > New > String Value, and type:
“DefaultPassword�
Modify the data value for the string value:
•“DefaultPassword� = Enter the password of the domain user account to be used

Settings will take effect on next reboot. (Note: you can bypass autologon
by holding down shift on boot up)

"McGraw" wrote:

> How can I setup a specific computer to automatically log in (skip the
> Cntl+Alt+Del requirements) if it is a member of a Domain?
>
> I have a security server that has the security cameras intstalled that has
> been spontaneously rebooting in the middle of the night. Until I am able to
> figure out what is causing the problem, I need it to log back in so the
> security cameras will record.
>
> Thanks

Is this the same for XP? (I forgot to specify before)

Thanks for the help!

"Big_D" wrote:

> On w2k pro...
>
> In the registry goto: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
>
> Modify the following data values for the string values:
> •“AutoAdminLogon� = 1
> •“DefaultDomainName� = “nameofdomain�
> •“DefaultUserName� = "domainusername"
>
> Create a new string value, select Edit > New > String Value, and type:
> “DefaultPassword�
> Modify the data value for the string value:
> •“DefaultPassword� = Enter the password of the domain user account to be used
>
> Settings will take effect on next reboot. (Note: you can bypass autologon
> by holding down shift on boot up)
>
> "McGraw" wrote:
>
> > How can I setup a specific computer to automatically log in (skip the
> > Cntl+Alt+Del requirements) if it is a member of a Domain?
> >
> > I have a security server that has the security cameras intstalled that has
> > been spontaneously rebooting in the middle of the night. Until I am able to
> > figure out what is causing the problem, I need it to log back in so the
> > security cameras will record.
> >
> > Thanks

These articles may help.

How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows NT
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q97597

How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q234/5/62.ASP

How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324737

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional