Paging File Question

Server is Win 2k, SP4 running Exchange 2003 with 768mb of memory. The paging
file was originally on the system drive, but I was running low on space and
moved it to a separate partition. I rebooted and the new paging file is
showing up where I designated it, however, the original paging file is still
showing on the system drive with the same file size as previous (1.5gb).

I thought I made a mistake on configuration, so I went in again and put
zeroes on all of the partitions except the one where I wanted the paging
file. I rebooted and the original is still there. The new one has the
latest date, but I don't understand why the original is still showing with
1.5gb file size.

How do I get rid of this? Is there something I configured incorrectly?

My drive isn't critically low on space, but this is frustrating me to no end.

Thanks,
CS
3 answers Last reply
More about paging file question

    when you moved the file, did you on C: set min/max to zero?

    "CLS" <CLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Server is Win 2k, SP4 running Exchange 2003 with 768mb of memory. The
    paging
    > file was originally on the system drive, but I was running low on space
    and
    > moved it to a separate partition. I rebooted and the new paging file is
    > showing up where I designated it, however, the original paging file is
    still
    > showing on the system drive with the same file size as previous (1.5gb).
    >
    > I thought I made a mistake on configuration, so I went in again and put
    > zeroes on all of the partitions except the one where I wanted the paging
    > file. I rebooted and the original is still there. The new one has the
    > latest date, but I don't understand why the original is still showing with
    > 1.5gb file size.
    >
    > How do I get rid of this? Is there something I configured incorrectly?
    >
    > My drive isn't critically low on space, but this is frustrating me to no
    end.

    > Thanks,
    > CS

    "CLS" <CLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Server is Win 2k, SP4 running Exchange 2003 with 768mb of memory. The
    paging
    > file was originally on the system drive, but I was running low on space
    and
    > moved it to a separate partition. I rebooted and the new paging file is
    > showing up where I designated it, however, the original paging file is
    still
    > showing on the system drive with the same file size as previous (1.5gb).
    >
    > I thought I made a mistake on configuration, so I went in again and put
    > zeroes on all of the partitions except the one where I wanted the paging
    > file. I rebooted and the original is still there. The new one has the
    > latest date, but I don't understand why the original is still showing with
    > 1.5gb file size.
    >
    > How do I get rid of this? Is there something I configured incorrectly?
    >
    > My drive isn't critically low on space, but this is frustrating me to no
    end.

    > Thanks,
    > CS

    I suggest you unhide it if it is hidden, then delete it. I also
    recommend that you look at moving your system partition
    to a larger disk while you have the opportunity. Moving
    the paging file should be considered as a temporary measure
    only.

    I thought Exchange 2003 was not to be used in Windows 2000?

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "CLS" <CLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F79146BC-BAC5-47A0-A787-554D1E391D18@microsoft.com...
    > Server is Win 2k, SP4 running Exchange 2003 with 768mb of memory. The paging
    > file was originally on the system drive, but I was running low on space and
    > moved it to a separate partition. I rebooted and the new paging file is
    > showing up where I designated it, however, the original paging file is still
    > showing on the system drive with the same file size as previous (1.5gb).
    >
    > I thought I made a mistake on configuration, so I went in again and put
    > zeroes on all of the partitions except the one where I wanted the paging
    > file. I rebooted and the original is still there. The new one has the
    > latest date, but I don't understand why the original is still showing with
    > 1.5gb file size.
    >
    > How do I get rid of this? Is there something I configured incorrectly?
    >
    > My drive isn't critically low on space, but this is frustrating me to no end.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > CS

Windows