Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking short-cut?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 19, 2006 11:44:01 PM

Is there a chart or list of CPUs and their potential with OCing? How do you know if you hit 3.0gz with an AMD FX55? What settings would you need? I have water cooling, and I'm ready to let it boil!!!

More about : overclocking short cut

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2006 12:37:38 AM

Quote:
Is there a chart or list of CPUs and their potential with OCing?

http://www.cpudatabase.com/index.cfm?Action=search[/quote]

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=2987106#post29...

Quote:
How do you know if you hit 3.0gz with an AMD FX55 what settings would you need?

Understand that there are no CPU's 100% identical. Every silicon semiconductor device is unique, and as such, has different basic properties of electronics such as resistance, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and transconductance.

Although two consecutive serial number CPU's from the same fabrication, with the same stepping codes, may appear identical, they're yielded from different location on the silicon wafer from which they're manufactured, and like diamonds, each has it's own unique flaws.

Even though their dynamic operational characteristics may be very similar, no two CPU's will overclock to exactly the same stable maximum speed, at the same voltage and temperature. Additionally, in a dual core processor, one core will always become unstable before the other.

Hope this helps. Good Luck! :D 
December 20, 2006 12:39:18 AM

Quote:
Is there a chart or list of CPUs and their potential with OCing? How do you know if you hit 3.0gz with an AMD FX55? What settings would you need? I have water cooling, and I'm ready to let it boil!!!

results will very. download cpu-z for oc,ing it is considered the standard.
for verifying that is.

you dont want it to boil. but an fx55 is at 2.6 stock and i would imagine
with watercooling you should be able to hit 2.8 pretty easy.
maybe 3.0, but it also depends on what mobo,memory,psu.

you want top/good quality mobo,memory, that stuff is also important.
Related resources
December 20, 2006 12:41:12 AM

also what captian hook said too :lol: 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2006 1:19:32 AM

As for the title, never take shortcuts.
December 20, 2006 2:22:26 AM

Short-cut may have been the wrong word. I really meant starting point. I've read posts where guys have done all kinds of math to figure this thing out. Thats not for me. Thank You for the links above, they give me a good idea where to start. Oh, cheese is OK
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 20, 2006 2:31:06 AM

8)
!