ASUS P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i SLI (RAM HELP)

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
OK, I know this has been asked before. I know because I've read it. The only problem is the topic seems to get side tracked some how.

I just bought this board and now I'm looking for RAM, 2 gig to be to the point. No more than $300. From what I have read, the micron d9 chips are the one to get, that I understand(even why). OK so what about the ASUS approved vendor list?? Important to choose from or no??

So here is the rest on my purchase:
E6600, 2 seagate 320 Sata HD, 1 sata optical and 1 ide optical, 2 7900 nvidia's with 512 each ( will be running SLi)

Not an over clocker, I want to get on my first person shooters and get some tension out! This machine has to last me a couple of years.

I was looking mainly at DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Please??? Some good sound advice???

Another quick question, does ram that says SLi certified really mean anything?

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
LOL, how does a topic get looked at 53 times and get ignored!!! LOL, not one reply!! Come on folks, the sooner I get an answer the sooner I can buy! LOL

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
This could quite possibly be a record!!! Almost 150 views yet no replies!! That's the Spirit!! Keep them cards and letters coming folks!! LOL

FalconV

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
You know, talking to yourself in many countries is considered a sign of insanity.

I'll warn you now, my advise is not quite expert, but just talking from experience. I wouldn't concern myself too much with the SLi list, but it wouldn't hurt if you could find a set that's both in the SLi certified list and the ASUS certified list. I *would* however be very concerned that the memory matches the ASUS certified list. I say this because I've purchased two high-end ASUS motherboards, the A7N8X-E Deluxe and the P5N32-SLI. The first time, on the A7N8X-E Deluxe, I purchased some ValueRAM from Kingston. Each stick worked alone, but not in dual-channel mode. I called Kingston who told me to call ASUS who told me that my memory isn't compatible with the motherboard. Of course I couldn't return the memory, so it ended up going to my wife. I thought I'd be smart this time around with my P5N32-SLI and get performance stuff instead of cheapo stuff, I got some Corsair low-latency ram that seemed to be very good. My computer has been freezing (see my post here), and I'm starting to think it's for the same reason. Unfortunately although this is high-end RAM, if it isn't specifically compatible with the motherboard according to ASUS's tests, nobody's going to help me.

sorry for the long story, but that's why I'd strongly recommend staying within the list of what ASUS recommends, that way if it doesn't work by chance you can at least bring it to them and they won't be able to brush you off and tell you you're SOL.

yoyo75017

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
Hi

i got a P5N32SLI, dominator 6400 cl4, E6600, 8800 gts point of view.

DVI detected on my samsung 244t but no boot displayed 8O

No boot ....but still trying !

Did someone boot this ?

Thx.

TRENDING THREADS