Amend default C:Programs installation folder

dl

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Hi some one posted a usefull hack to amend the default C:\Programs setting
to eg E:\Programs.
Being somewhat forgetfull I omitted to take a note, and I cannot locate it
in ng search, or google.
Nor could I locate a reg setting.
Perhaps some kind person would point me in the right direction.
Thanks

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:51:45 +0100, "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote:

>Hi some one posted a usefull hack to amend the default C:\Programs setting
>to eg E:\Programs.
>Being somewhat forgetfull I omitted to take a note, and I cannot locate it
>in ng search, or google.
>Nor could I locate a reg setting.
>Perhaps some kind person would point me in the right direction.
>Thanks

See tip 3236 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

dl

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Thanks, however I was only wishing to modify the default installation path.
I would have thought the key being
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Inetstp\ProgramFilesPath
however no such key exists (win2K)

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:51:45 +0100, "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote:
>
> >Hi some one posted a usefull hack to amend the default C:\Programs
setting
> >to eg E:\Programs.
> >Being somewhat forgetfull I omitted to take a note, and I cannot locate
it
> >in ng search, or google.
> >Nor could I locate a reg setting.
> >Perhaps some kind person would point me in the right direction.
> >Thanks
> >
> See tip 3236 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
>
> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP