weird looking hidden System files

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS that has a wierd looking hidden
file that can't be accessed because it is "in use". The name is a very
cryptic "_vxFiVspCacheFile_0.tmp". Could this be a keylogger file or
something? Spyware? I cannot find anything like this on any other server.

Thanks
Byron

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

Looks like the Veritas Net Backup agent cache file.

--

Mike Matheny

"Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@austincollege.edu> wrote in message
>I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS that has a wierd looking hidden
>file that can't be accessed because it is "in use". The name is a very
>cryptic "_vxFiVspCacheFile_0.tmp". Could this be a keylogger file or
>something? Spyware? I cannot find anything like this on any other server.
>
> Thanks
> Byron

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

That is what I was thinking and I also posted to the group there. Wonder
why it will not backup any longer.

Thanks. I breath a little easier now.

Byron

"Mike Matheny" <tmatheny@emsdotjscdotnasadotgov> wrote in message
> Looks like the Veritas Net Backup agent cache file.
>
> --
>
> Mike Matheny
>

> "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@austincollege.edu> wrote in message
>>I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS that has a wierd looking hidden
>>file that can't be accessed because it is "in use". The name is a very
>>cryptic "_vxFiVspCacheFile_0.tmp". Could this be a keylogger file or
>>something? Spyware? I cannot find anything like this on any other
>>server.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Byron

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

By the way thanks.

Byron