weird looking hidden System files

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS that has a wierd looking hidden
file that can't be accessed because it is "in use". The name is a very
cryptic "_vxFiVspCacheFile_0.tmp". Could this be a keylogger file or
something? Spyware? I cannot find anything like this on any other server.

Thanks
Byron
4 answers Last reply
More about weird hidden system files
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    Looks like the Veritas Net Backup agent cache file.

    --

    Mike Matheny

    "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@austincollege.edu> wrote in message
    >I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS that has a wierd looking hidden
    >file that can't be accessed because it is "in use". The name is a very
    >cryptic "_vxFiVspCacheFile_0.tmp". Could this be a keylogger file or
    >something? Spyware? I cannot find anything like this on any other server.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Byron

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    That is what I was thinking and I also posted to the group there. Wonder
    why it will not backup any longer.

    Thanks. I breath a little easier now.

    Byron

    "Mike Matheny" <tmatheny@emsdotjscdotnasadotgov> wrote in message
    > Looks like the Veritas Net Backup agent cache file.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mike Matheny
    >

    > "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@austincollege.edu> wrote in message
    >>I have a Windows 2000 server running IIS that has a wierd looking hidden
    >>file that can't be accessed because it is "in use". The name is a very
    >>cryptic "_vxFiVspCacheFile_0.tmp". Could this be a keylogger file or
    >>something? Spyware? I cannot find anything like this on any other
    >>server.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Byron

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    Look at page 28 of this PDF file:

    http://ftp.up.ac.za/pub/windows/veritas/261815.pdf
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.security (More info?)

    By the way thanks.

    Byron

    "Crouchie1998" <crouchie1998@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Look at page 28 of this PDF file:
    >
    > http://ftp.up.ac.za/pub/windows/veritas/261815.pdf

Windows Server Microsoft Servers Windows