Show Desktop Button Has Gone!!

I hope someone can help, I have followed all of the help features and also
followed the instructions in this discussion area of Microsoft and although I
can create the file and place it in the Quick Launch Bar nothing happens when
I click on the icon - any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Nikkit72 fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> I hope someone can help, I have followed all of the help features and
> also followed the instructions in this discussion area of Microsoft
> and although I can create the file and place it in the Quick Launch
> Bar nothing happens when I click on the icon - any ideas anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Please find the Show Desktop command attached

Alternatively, if you open Notepad and type

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

then save the file as Show Desktop.scf

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

begin 666 Show Desktop.scf
M6U-H96QL70T*0V]M;6%N9#TR#0I)8V]N1FEL93UE>'!L;W)E<BYE>&4L,PT*
B6U1A<VMB87)=#0I#;VUM86YD/51O9V=L941E<VMT;W -"@``
`
end

If Show Desktop button has gone be thankful that space on your taskbar isn't
wasted like before. Try the Windows key + D to show desktop instantly
instead. Keyboard shortcuts rock.

Thanks for that I didnt know that shortcut I will certainly use that one in
future

"sdlfkj" wrote:

> If Show Desktop button has gone be thankful that space on your taskbar isn't
> wasted like before. Try the Windows key + D to show desktop instantly
> instead. Keyboard shortcuts rock.

Thanks Steve, I have tried that and although the icon appears I get a box
asking what type of programe to use to open it..........

"Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:

> Nikkit72 fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
>
> > I hope someone can help, I have followed all of the help features and
> > also followed the instructions in this discussion area of Microsoft
> > and although I can create the file and place it in the Quick Launch
> > Bar nothing happens when I click on the icon - any ideas anyone?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Please find the Show Desktop command attached
>
> Alternatively, if you open Notepad and type
>
> [Shell]
> Command=2
> IconFile=explorer.exe,3
> [Taskbar]
> Command=ToggleDesktop
>
> then save the file as Show Desktop.scf
>

> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.gwynfryn.co

Steve,

If you have read my original reply to the question you would see that I
pointed the user to a Microsoft document that explains how to create the
link, which you have just repeated

Crouchie1998
BA (HONS) MCP MCSE