Copying a users workstation profile

I just had to have one of our users switch from logging into domain ABC to
XYZ on her Windows 2000 Professional workstation.

Her wallpaper, OutlookExpress stuff, Documents folder, blah, blah, blah are
all different now because she is seen as a new account on that machine.

Is there an easy migration tool to make MyUser/XYZ's desktop look like
MyUser?ABC's did?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about copying users workstation profile

    "Greg Smith" <gjs@umn.edu> wrote in message
    > I just had to have one of our users switch from logging into domain ABC to
    > XYZ on her Windows 2000 Professional workstation.
    >
    > Her wallpaper, OutlookExpress stuff, Documents folder, blah, blah, blah
    are
    > all different now because she is seen as a new account on that machine.
    >
    > Is there an easy migration tool to make MyUser/XYZ's desktop look like
    > MyUser?ABC's did?
    >

    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

    - Reboot the PC.
    - Log on as administrator.
    - Get into the Control Panel / System / User Profiles
    - Copy her old profile to her new profile folder. You will, of course,
    lose all information in the new profile.

Windows 2000 Workstations Microsoft Windows