Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Unread email in Outlook subfolders (WM2003SE)

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:06:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

I have many rules setup in Outlook on my PC which drop emails from senders
into various subfolders.

When I sync my PDA (Imate PDA2K/WM2003SE) with Outlook, the unread email
count only accounts for unread emails in the root level inbox and not for
unread emails in the subfolders.

This also means if I have no unread emails in the root folder but several in
the subfolders, the PDA displays as "No unread email".

Is there a fix for this?

Any help appreciated, cheers..

Parmar.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:06:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Parmar,

Pocket Inbox does not have the ability to syncronize sub-folders in Outlook.
It will only sync the mail that is in the primary inbox on Outlook.

There may be a work around on this but I'm not sure of it.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!


"Parmar" <no-reply@email.com> wrote in message
news:D 1m2r6$703$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have many rules setup in Outlook on my PC which drop emails from senders
> into various subfolders.
>
> When I sync my PDA (Imate PDA2K/WM2003SE) with Outlook, the unread email
> count only accounts for unread emails in the root level inbox and not for
> unread emails in the subfolders.
>
> This also means if I have no unread emails in the root folder but several
> in
> the subfolders, the PDA displays as "No unread email".
>
> Is there a fix for this?
>
> Any help appreciated, cheers..
>
> Parmar.
>
>
>
m
0
l
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 6:48:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi Clinton,

Thank you for your reply..
The Pocket Inbox *can* sync subfolders.
This just needs to be configured in ActiveSync (under Tools | Options |
Inbox | settings) on the PC.

All my unread emails appear in the subfolders, its just the unread count
that doesnt look at them.

Regards..

Parmar

"Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
news:o xYHoYiLFHA.436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Parmar,
>
> Pocket Inbox does not have the ability to syncronize sub-folders in
Outlook.
> It will only sync the mail that is in the primary inbox on Outlook.
>
> There may be a work around on this but I'm not sure of it.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor / Owner
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>
>
> "Parmar" <no-reply@email.com> wrote in message
> news:D 1m2r6$703$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have many rules setup in Outlook on my PC which drop emails from
senders
> > into various subfolders.
> >
> > When I sync my PDA (Imate PDA2K/WM2003SE) with Outlook, the unread email
> > count only accounts for unread emails in the root level inbox and not
for
> > unread emails in the subfolders.
> >
> > This also means if I have no unread emails in the root folder but
several
> > in
> > the subfolders, the PDA displays as "No unread email".
> >
> > Is there a fix for this?
> >
> > Any help appreciated, cheers..
> >
> > Parmar.
> >
> >
> >
>
>
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 6:48:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

My mistake. I appreciate your correction.

Not sure how to adjust that unread count.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!


"Parmar" <no-reply@email.com> wrote in message
news:D 1mqc4$amv$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> Hi Clinton,
>
> Thank you for your reply..
> The Pocket Inbox *can* sync subfolders.
> This just needs to be configured in ActiveSync (under Tools | Options |
> Inbox | settings) on the PC.
>
> All my unread emails appear in the subfolders, its just the unread count
> that doesnt look at them.
>
> Regards..
>
> Parmar
>
> "Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
> <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> news:o xYHoYiLFHA.436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Parmar,
>>
>> Pocket Inbox does not have the ability to syncronize sub-folders in
> Outlook.
>> It will only sync the mail that is in the primary inbox on Outlook.
>>
>> There may be a work around on this but I'm not sure of it.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Clinton Fitch
>> Senior Editor / Owner
>> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>>
>> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>>
>>
>> "Parmar" <no-reply@email.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 1m2r6$703$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have many rules setup in Outlook on my PC which drop emails from
> senders
>> > into various subfolders.
>> >
>> > When I sync my PDA (Imate PDA2K/WM2003SE) with Outlook, the unread
>> > email
>> > count only accounts for unread emails in the root level inbox and not
> for
>> > unread emails in the subfolders.
>> >
>> > This also means if I have no unread emails in the root folder but
> several
>> > in
>> > the subfolders, the PDA displays as "No unread email".
>> >
>> > Is there a fix for this?
>> >
>> > Any help appreciated, cheers..
>> >
>> > Parmar.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
m
0
l

Best solution

March 24, 2009 7:36:25 AM

There is an applicationwhich solves the problems of unread mails from subfolders.
Look at http://www.magica.ro/pda_pocket_checkmail.php
This application works together with ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile and alerts the user for unread mails in Inbox and Subfolders.
You can test the application by downloading the demo version.
Share
February 4, 2010 1:41:42 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
m
0
l
!