Network webcams

I am looking to get a consumer grade (ie. ~$200) network (Ethernet-enabled)
webcam. It maybe wired or wireless.
I found the following models on the web:
o Veo Observer
o Linksys WVC54G (wireless)
o DLink DCS-950G (wireless)

I suppose Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 is still the best for image quality at
this level.
How do thise I mentioned compare to the Logitech unit?

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about network webcams

    In message <Y_SdnUADH7OHI6nfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>, yuki
    <notread_news@comcast.net> writes

    Linksys WVc54G at www.cluer.com/linksyscam
    --

    -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- --
    Graham Cluer | Email: news1 <at> cluer <dot> com

    (If replying by e-mail please make the above into a legal email address)

    "Graham Cluer" <n@x.x> wrote in message news:ze6anzCj+vNCFwsm@cluer.com...
    > In message <Y_SdnUADH7OHI6nfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>, yuki
    > <notread_news@comcast.net> writes
    > >I am looking to get a consumer grade (ie. ~$200) network
    (Ethernet-enabled)
    > >webcam. It maybe wired or wireless.
    > >I found the following models on the web:
    > >o Veo Observer
    > >o Linksys WVC54G (wireless)
    > >o DLink DCS-950G (wireless)
    > >
    > >I suppose Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 is still the best for image quality
    at
    > >this level.
    > >How do thise I mentioned compare to the Logitech unit?
    > >
    > >TIA
    > >

    > Linksys WVc54G at www.cluer.com/linksyscam
    > --
    >
    > -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- --
    > Graham Cluer | Email: news1 <at> cluer <dot> com
    >
    > (If replying by e-mail please make the above into a legal email address)

    How about an Axis 205? It has a very-low-compression setting which will
    *probably* allow it to outperform any USB1 webcam. It outperforms a Philips
    Toucam Pro in daylight conditions, see
    http://www.setters.demon.co.uk/lundycam/gallery.html (Toucam on left, Axis
    205 on right).

    Regards,

    Simon

    very cool simon. i'm working on moding my 3com webcam soon.
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/ducksauce/web/tv.html

    "Simon Shearn" <simon@sgurr.theredwire.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Graham Cluer" <n@x.x> wrote in message news:ze6anzCj+vNCFwsm@cluer.com...
    >> In message <Y_SdnUADH7OHI6nfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>, yuki
    >> <notread_news@comcast.net> writes
    >> >I am looking to get a consumer grade (ie. ~$200) network
    > (Ethernet-enabled)
    >> >webcam. It maybe wired or wireless.
    >> >I found the following models on the web:
    >> >o Veo Observer
    >> >o Linksys WVC54G (wireless)
    >> >o DLink DCS-950G (wireless)
    >> >
    >> >I suppose Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 is still the best for image quality
    > at
    >> >this level.
    >> >How do thise I mentioned compare to the Logitech unit?
    >> >
    >> >TIA
    >> >

    >> Linksys WVc54G at www.cluer.com/linksyscam
    >> --
    >>
    >> -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- --
    >> Graham Cluer | Email: news1 <at> cluer <dot> com
    >>
    >> (If replying by e-mail please make the above into a legal email address)
    >
    > How about an Axis 205? It has a very-low-compression setting which will
    > *probably* allow it to outperform any USB1 webcam. It outperforms a
    > Philips
    > Toucam Pro in daylight conditions, see
    > http://www.setters.demon.co.uk/lundycam/gallery.html (Toucam on left, Axis
    > 205 on right).