Network webcams

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
March 13, 2005 5:26:29 PM

I am looking to get a consumer grade (ie. ~$200) network (Ethernet-enabled)
webcam. It maybe wired or wireless.
I found the following models on the web:
o Veo Observer
o Linksys WVC54G (wireless)
o DLink DCS-950G (wireless)

I suppose Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 is still the best for image quality at
this level.
How do thise I mentioned compare to the Logitech unit?

TIA

More about : network webcams

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 15, 2005 6:31:07 PM

In message <Y_SdnUADH7OHI6nfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>, yuki
<notread_news@comcast.net> writes

Linksys WVc54G at www.cluer.com/linksyscam
--

-- -------------------------------------------------------------------- --
Graham Cluer | Email: news1 <at> cluer <dot> com

(If replying by e-mail please make the above into a legal email address)
a b F Wireless
March 17, 2005 12:50:59 AM

"Graham Cluer" <n@x.x> wrote in message news:ze6anzCj+vNCFwsm@cluer.com...
> In message <Y_SdnUADH7OHI6nfRVn-oQ@comcast.com>, yuki
> <notread_news@comcast.net> writes
> >I am looking to get a consumer grade (ie. ~$200) network
(Ethernet-enabled)
> >webcam. It maybe wired or wireless.
> >I found the following models on the web:
> >o Veo Observer
> >o Linksys WVC54G (wireless)
> >o DLink DCS-950G (wireless)
> >
> >I suppose Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 is still the best for image quality
at
> >this level.
> >How do thise I mentioned compare to the Logitech unit?
> >
> >TIA
> >

> Linksys WVc54G at www.cluer.com/linksyscam
> --
>
> -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- --
> Graham Cluer | Email: news1 <at> cluer <dot> com
>
> (If replying by e-mail please make the above into a legal email address)

How about an Axis 205? It has a very-low-compression setting which will
*probably* allow it to outperform any USB1 webcam. It outperforms a Philips
Toucam Pro in daylight conditions, see
http://www.setters.demon.co.uk/lundycam/gallery.html (Toucam on left, Axis
205 on right).

Regards,

Simon
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 17, 2005 2:00:25 AM

very cool simon. i'm working on moding my 3com webcam soon.
http://home.rochester.rr.com/ducksauce/web/tv.html

!