Problems with accessing network resources.

My users get the following message trying to access another server in another
domain (which they have rights to):

The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.

I have not found any information that would help me. There are no errors in
the Event Viewer logs.

It is a Windows 2000 server SP4. It is a domain controller.

Any suggestions on fixes?

Thanks,
Richard Allan Kelley

Do they have the correct DNS settings pointing them to a domain controller
for authentication?

Ray at work

"Richard Allan Kelley" <RichardAllanKelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:96958D82-0A3B-4E6D-8648-6B1F147FDD7B@microsoft.com...
> My users get the following message trying to access another server in
another
> domain (which they have rights to):
>
> The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
> Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.
>
> I have not found any information that would help me. There are no errors
in
> the Event Viewer logs.
>
> It is a Windows 2000 server SP4. It is a domain controller.
>
> Any suggestions on fixes?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard Allan Kelley

The users can authenicate to the network. It is when accessing network
resources such as Shares. I havent made any changes to the DNS settings for
the computers, and the network in ages. I will have to verify the settings.

Richard

"Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:

> Do they have the correct DNS settings pointing them to a domain controller
> for authentication?
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Richard Allan Kelley" <RichardAllanKelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:96958D82-0A3B-4E6D-8648-6B1F147FDD7B@microsoft.com...
> > My users get the following message trying to access another server in
> another
> > domain (which they have rights to):
> >
> > The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
> > Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.
> >
> > I have not found any information that would help me. There are no errors
> in
> > the Event Viewer logs.
> >
> > It is a Windows 2000 server SP4. It is a domain controller.
> >
> > Any suggestions on fixes?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard Allan Kelley

After checking the DNS settings, everything appears to be there for the SRV
records on all domains.

"Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:

> Do they have the correct DNS settings pointing them to a domain controller
> for authentication?
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Richard Allan Kelley" <RichardAllanKelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:96958D82-0A3B-4E6D-8648-6B1F147FDD7B@microsoft.com...
> > My users get the following message trying to access another server in
> another
> > domain (which they have rights to):
> >
> > The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security.
> > Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you.
> >
> > I have not found any information that would help me. There are no errors
> in
> > the Event Viewer logs.
> >
> > It is a Windows 2000 server SP4. It is a domain controller.
> >
> > Any suggestions on fixes?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Richard Allan Kelley

TRENDING THREADS