Steve

From: "Steve N." <Steve_N@nunya.biz.nes>

| I have some old Infocom interactive text-based games (remember Zork?) I
| dug out yesterday and they run in a command window except they use ansi
| escape codes for screen and text coloring and without ansi.sys loaded
| each line of text is preceded by the ansi codes, making it a bit hard to
| read.
|
| I tried adding device=ansi.sys to config.nt but it did not work.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks
| Steve

You need ANSI.COM which will load in AUTOEXEC.NT

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

I have device=%SystemRoot%\system32\ansi.sys in config.nt and it works.
Stan

Stan Weiss wrote:
> I have device=%SystemRoot%\system32\ansi.sys in config.nt and it works.
> Stan

Thank you, that worked fine.

Steve

David H. Lipman wrote:

> From: "Steve N." <Steve_N@nunya.biz.nes>
>
> | I have some old Infocom interactive text-based games (remember Zork?) I
> | dug out yesterday and they run in a command window except they use ansi
> | escape codes for screen and text coloring and without ansi.sys loaded
> | each line of text is preceded by the ansi codes, making it a bit hard to
> | read.
> |
> | I tried adding device=ansi.sys to config.nt but it did not work.
> |
> | Any ideas?
> |
> | Thanks
> | Steve
>
> You need ANSI.COM which will load in AUTOEXEC.NT

> http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html

Thanks for the reply but device=%SystemRoot%\system32\ansi.sys in
config.nt worked fine. I left out the path first try.

Steve