Auto-logoff from XP workstations after idle period?

I saw some Group Policy settings which make reference to this but I'm not
sure if this is right.

Setup is Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP Pro workstations. There is a
lab of WinXP workstations which this customer wants the workstations to
automatically logoff if the users leave it for 15mins.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

SW
6 answers Last reply
More about auto logoff workstations idle period

    I think this can be implemented with a screen saver.

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    Andrei Ungureanu wrote:

    > I think this can be implemented with a screen saver.

    No that's to "lock" the workstation and no "logoff". Unless I'm missing
    something here.

    --
    -=SW=-
    -MCSA MCSE CCA-

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/techref/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/techref/en-us/winexit.asp

    --

    Andrei Ungureanu wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/tec
    > href/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/
    > techref/en-us/winexit.asp

    Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I hate asking questions
    when it seems simple to find the answer on your own but I must have been
    "googling" the wrong wording.

    Thanks again,

    --
    -=SW=-
    -MCSA MCSE CCA-

    glad to help you man ..

    --

    > Andrei Ungureanu wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/tec
    >> href/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/
    >> techref/en-us/winexit.asp
    >
    > Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I hate asking questions
    > when it seems simple to find the answer on your own but I must have been
    > "googling" the wrong wording.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > --
    > -=SW=-
    > -MCSA MCSE CCA-
  6. Hi guys,
    The URL posted is no longer active on Microsoft's site, but I'd love to know how to accomplish this. Can you point me in the right direction? It seems I'm not googling the magic phrase either :)

Workstations Windows XP Windows