Auto-logoff from XP workstations after idle period?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 1, 2005 2:14:44 PM

I saw some Group Policy settings which make reference to this but I'm not
sure if this is right.

Setup is Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP Pro workstations. There is a
lab of WinXP workstations which this customer wants the workstations to
automatically logoff if the users leave it for 15mins.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

SW
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 6:21:32 AM

I think this can be implemented with a screen saver.

--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"SWalters" <swalters_1NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I saw some Group Policy settings which make reference to this but I'm not
> sure if this is right.
>
> Setup is Windows 2000 Server and Windows XP Pro workstations. There is a
> lab of WinXP workstations which this customer wants the workstations to
> automatically logoff if the users leave it for 15mins.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SW
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 11:01:48 AM

Andrei Ungureanu wrote:

> I think this can be implemented with a screen saver.

No that's to "lock" the workstation and no "logoff". Unless I'm missing
something here.

--
-=SW=-
-MCSA MCSE CCA-

"SWalters" <swalters24NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Andrei Ungureanu wrote:
>
>> I think this can be implemented with a screen saver.
>
> No that's to "lock" the workstation and no "logoff". Unless I'm missing
> something here.
>
> --
> -=SW=-
> -MCSA MCSE CCA-
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 2:30:54 PM

Andrei Ungureanu wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...
> href/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/
> techref/en-us/winexit.asp

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I hate asking questions
when it seems simple to find the answer on your own but I must have been
"googling" the wrong wording.

Thanks again,

--
-=SW=-
-MCSA MCSE CCA-

glad to help you man ..

--

> Andrei Ungureanu wrote:
>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Window...
>> href/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/
>> techref/en-us/winexit.asp
>
> Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. I hate asking questions
> when it seems simple to find the answer on your own but I must have been
> "googling" the wrong wording.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> --
> -=SW=-
> -MCSA MCSE CCA-
Anonymous
May 7, 2010 2:28:39 PM

Hi guys,
The URL posted is no longer active on Microsoft's site, but I'd love to know how to accomplish this. Can you point me in the right direction? It seems I'm not googling the magic phrase either :)
!