FILE FOLDER PASSWORD

Hey there. Is there a way to place a password with a prompt for each file folder even for the Administrator.

--

Paul Koukos
3 answers Last reply

    No but maybe this helps.

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/distrib/dsck_efs_XHKD.asp

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Paul Koukos" <pkoukos@earthlink.net> wrote in

    > Hey there. Is there a way to place a password with a prompt for
    > each file folder even for the Administrator.

    If you want truly good security to protect a private area of disk from
    anyone including admins, I recommend the freeware TrueCrypt at:

    <http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/>

    It works with virtual disks rather than folders. You can create
    several virtual disks each with its own password if needed.

    HTH,
    John

    Password Protect does the job. When you protect, the folder icon
    changes with a no-entry sign
    added:
    http://www.password-protect-software.com

Microsoft Windows