Generals LAN game problem

Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

We've been playing Generals at work for a few weeks now. 2 of us upgraded our
machines and reinstalled the game.

Now when either of us goes into the Lan Lobby to create a game, no other
players can see the new game. The only person that can create a playable game
is the one computer that didn't change.

Here's the basic changes: Both machines went from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
Now we're all running Generals on XP.

Any thoughts?
1 answer Last reply
More about generals game problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.command.and.conquer (More info?)

    I had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem with the Unofficial
    Maps. Delete them and then try again.

    In article <jIOdnQoRbaf8q6rcRVn-uA@giganews.com>, nunya@damn.biz (Blowfly)
    wrote:
    >We've been playing Generals at work for a few weeks now. 2 of us upgraded our
    >machines and reinstalled the game.
    >
    >Now when either of us goes into the Lan Lobby to create a game, no other
    >players can see the new game. The only person that can create a playable game
    >is the one computer that didn't change.
    >
    >Here's the basic changes: Both machines went from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
    >Now we're all running Generals on XP.
    >
    >Any thoughts?

Games LAN Video Games