When i open system restore, all of the color is gone. everything is black
and white, and it does not restore. Can you help? I do have it enabled in
properties. I have run virus scans and (Spy Bot, AdAware and others), still
nothing!!

"enak30" wrote:

> When i open system restore, all of the color is gone. everything is black
> and white, and it does not restore.

Reinstall System restore.

Insert your XP CD
Click Start/Run and type:
rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf

HTH,

Russell

My XP CD is un-readable by my pc. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks
"enak30" <efuller@valornet.com> wrote in message
> When i open system restore, all of the color is gone. everything is black
> and white, and it does not restore. Can you help? I do have it enabled in
> properties. I have run virus scans and (Spy Bot, AdAware and others),
> still nothing!!

> My XP CD is un-readable by my pc. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Is this a CD that works in another machine? If it's a bad CD then you'll
need to get one that works.

Russell

I have the original XP CD's that came with my PC(Driver resources, Factory
Restore and the un-readable CD that has the Fax set-up on it and some other
programs I cant access due to the bad CD.Will a friends XP CD work on my
XP-Home? Thanks for any suggestions

"enak30" wrote:

> I have the..... Factory Restore and the un-readable CD that has the Fax set-up on it and some other programs I cant access due to the bad CD.Will a friends XP CD work on my XP-Home?

Yes, if it's the same version of Xp Home. A factory Restore CD makes a good
drink coaster. It's fairly worthless for any troubleshooting less serious
than a data wipeout Restore... >;-)

Russell

I haven't tried the XP-CD on another PC as yet.If it doesn't work what is
the procedure for getting one. My OEM is Systemax. Its over 2yrs old. Thanks
Much
>I have the original XP CD's that came with my PC(Driver resources,
>Factory Restore and the un-readable CD that has the Fax set-up on it and
>some other programs I cant access due to the bad CD.Will a friends XP CD
>work on my XP-Home? Thanks for any suggestions
> "Sickputer" <Sickputer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> My XP CD is un-readable by my pc. Do you have any other suggestions?
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Is this a CD that works in another machine? If it's a bad CD then you'll
>> need to get one that works.
>>
>> Russell

> I haven't tried the XP-CD on another PC as yet.If it doesn't work what is
the procedure for getting one. My OEM is Systemax. Its over 2yrs old.

Buying one mainly. The vendors who send only Restore CDs aren't doing
advanced users any favor...a full CD is needed for repairs and Clean
installations. I'm sure they save money by sending a Restore CD versus a full
XP CD.

All the best,

Russell